This addendum to the numbered end-user license agreement (“EULA”) referenced above (the “License”) becomes effective on the date stated above (the “Addendum Effective Date”), on condition that you receive email confirmation from Darden Studio of its receipt from you of this Addendum dated and signed by an authorized representative of Licensee.
- The last sentence in section 1(a) of the License is hereby deleted in connection with the uses of the Font Software permitted by this Addendum. This Addendum is effective only for a term of four years from the Addendum Effective Date. All use permitted hereunder must be discontinued by the term expiration date, subject to all of the provisions of the EULA, unless you obtain a new addendum covering a future time period.
- Sections 1(b) and 1(c) of the License are hereby modified to additionally permit you to express the Font Software on an Internet domain or multiple domains (which can be subdomains) that collectively are experienced by the visitor as one “website” (“domains”) in live-text format using “font-face” technology only when you meet the following conditions: (1) The Font Software files are protected on the domains by Cross-Origin Resource Tracking (CORS) headers to prevent unauthorized domains from making use of the Font Software. (2) The domains are substantially dedicated to the licensed brand, and the brand is prominently displayed and identified on the domains (or, if there are multiple brands, they are all owned by you, and the Font Software is used only for the licensed brand).
- The Addendum fee is based upon the combined average monthly page-views on all websites that use the Font Software up to the maximum stated above. For each domain, the page-view count is for all pages, including subdirectories and subdomains, not just the pages that contain the Font Software. The price of a new addendum will be based upon Darden Studio’s pricing tables then in effect, and issuance may be conditioned upon payment of any license fee shortfall for the expired year if actual use exceeded the license maximum. (For a multi-year Addendum, you will be asked to report actual use at the close of each year, and the fee is subject to an upward adjustment if actual use in a year exceeds the license maximum.)
- Section 1(f) is modified to permit you to subset the Font Software files embedded in the licensed websites, on condition that you retain the Darden Studio name of the Font Software. Darden Studio is not responsible for any display or other technical problems which may occur as a result of your use of third-party software for this permitted modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does AMPV stand for?
AMPV stands for “Average Monthly Page Views”. We will take the monthly average over a 12 year period.
- What if my website(s) are new (or about to change substantially) and I don’t have any stats yet?
We know what it’s like start a new project and want to support all our start-up customers. In this case we will trust you to make your best guess at the page views for the upcoming 12 months. We will issue only a one year license (licensees with a history can get longer licenses) and we will work with you at renewal time to agree to a fair price for the previous year if it turns out that your estimate was low.
- I need the fonts now but don’t plan to start public use on my website for a little while, can I add it later?
Yes. As with all our licenses, you can always add rights, CPUs or whatever, later. When you’re ready you can contact us with your shop order number and tell us what you’d like to add.
- Are you going to make me install software on my site(s) to track the pageviews?
No. We understand that the reason most clients want to self host is because they are concerned about either page load speed or security – both of which are undermined by third party software. We trust you to accurately report your page views to us.
- Can I get a perpetual license?
At this time the maximum number is five years. Licensees whose websites have a history of use can license more than one year at a discount of 5% per additional year up to 20%. For example, if you license three years your entire license (including the first year) will be discounted by 10%.
- Do you count Roman (upright) and Italic as separate styles?
Yes, they are licensed and priced as separate styles.
Pricing for one year:
|AMPV||1 style||4 styles||6 styles||8 styles||12 styles||18 styles|